I know, I know. I have already told you enough about one of my favourite places on earth, and you’ve seen a lot of photos (here), but I wanted to share with you that the towns in Zeeland offer a lot more than the opportunity to walk along the beach and enjoy the sea air, although that alone would be enough for me to completely calm down for a few days.
But if you want to do more than just that and spend some time spending money, the towns of Zeeland don’t have to sell themselves short, and I’ve come to the conclusion that sometimes small tourist villages provide much more interesting shops and places, boutiques with charm and sellers who like to have a nice chat with you. Of course, towns like Middelburg (the biggest one) are also filled with large retail chains like H&M, Esprit or C&A (yuck), but if you hit the small side roads you find some real treasures. I thought I’d share a few places with you!
- Goodies (http://www.goodies-shop.nl): The cutest jewellery and accessories
- Chicas & Niňos (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicas-Ninos-Mode/732160216823638): Kid’s clothes and extraordinary womens’ fashion – bought a clutch with knuckle duster there last year
- De Drie Linden (http://www.de-drie-linden.nl): Beautiful furnishing and interior accessories
- Feminine (http://www.femininedomburg.nl): Women’s fashion with a nice twist, you might find some extraordinary pieces there!
- Dille & Kamille (http://www.dille-kamille.nl/nl/): The cutest things for your kitchen and kitchen related gifts!
- Two Ladies Like (http://www.twoladieslike.nl): Living, fashion, food & kids
- Da Silvano (http://www.dasilvano.nl): Italian delicacies and kitchen accessories
- BoMonT (http://www.bomont.nl): A bit more fancy home accessories (you get a lot of good inspiration there) and fashion
- Beadle (http://www.beadle.nl): For everyone who loves jewellery and loves to craft jewellery as well – great selection of beads
- The Kitsch Company (http://www.kitsch.nl): Just as the name says!
Coffee & Food:
- Strandpaviljoen De Branding (http://www.paviljoendebranding.nl/nl/): Coffee with a view & good mussels
- Restaurant Verdi (http://www.restaurantverdi.nl): Great Pizza
- Strandpaviljoen De Stenen Toko (http://www.destenentoko.nl): Coffee with a view
- Robuust (http://www.robuustmiddelburg.nl): If you want more style with your coffee and buy a record on the side, this is your place. Very hipster.
I am almost 100% sure that there are many more places to see (and I didn’t get to visit Veere and Goes this year), but I think I got all my favourites. Do you have some special places to go when you’re on vacation at your favourite place?