Eating Savoury Recipes

Marinated Feta

Yummy! That was the first thought that came to my mind when I popped one of those pieces full of rich flavour in my mouth. You may know feta as pungent in flavour, and a bit too salty, but let me promise you this: Once you marinate it with of few ingredients it will be tamed and taste rich but mild, and not too salty at all. And the best is, this recipe is so easy and cheap that you will want to make/eat it every week.

Trust me. The easiest recipes are often the best, and I was lucky enough that my mother (who constantly does this for the family and friends) shared it with me so I can share it with you! Here goes:

You need:

• A medium sized preserving jar with an airtight lid
  • 1 package of feta
  • 1 or 2 twigs of rosemary
  • 2 or 3 twigs of thyme
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • Lots of olive oil

Take a large and broad knife and crush the clove of garlic. By this you open the skin and allow the flavours to emerge. Put it in the preserving jar and add the twigs of thyme and rosemary.

Dice your feta and put it into the jar. Fill up the jar with enough olive oil to cover the feta.

Close the airtight lid and let everything marinate for at least 4 days. Enjoy!

It’s easy enough isn’t it? I love to use this feta as an ingredient to one of my favourite things, the antipasti platter. Every time I don’t want to cook on weekends I like to arrange some things on a huge wooden board, and this feta is a perfect addition to my air-seasoned prosciutto, artichokes, Brie cheese and crisp baguette. Yes, I’m a student. With an expensive taste for food. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

Signature