Interiors

Hyacinthe Centrepiece

I can smell it when I stick my nose out of the window: Spring! It’s in the slowly blooming flowers in the park, in the singing birds waking me in the morning (just kidding, it’s my alarm) and in the delicate rays of sun warming my face. Is there a more beautiful feeling than knowing it’s going to be warmer again soon? Toss your gloves, scarves and hats aside, I’m going for leather jacket and sunglasses!

The previous weekend was a glorious start to some beautiful days ahead, I already saw people eating ice-cream, strolling through the streets and enjoying the sun. So spring is already outside, but what about inside? Not talking about spring in your mind/heart/stomach (that’ll come automatically) but in your home: Get some fresh flowers! I’m a huge fan of bouquets and I have several in my flat, and since Easter is just around the corner as I have noticed on Sunday, you can include eggs and Easter decoration as well. So let’s start with something simple: Nothing conveys spring more than cute little hyacinths, and what’s better than combining them with eggshells and moss?

You need:

• Small longish porcelain tray
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 small grape hyacinths
  • Moss
  • Twig
  • Pair of scissors or side cutter
  • Some water

hyacinthe-1It’s so easy: Crack the eggs so that two thirds of the shell are still intact, or get already hollow eggshells and remove the top part of them.

Cut off small twigs from the larger twig with a pair of scissors or a side cutter.

hyacinthe-2Prepare the porcelain tray by tearing a piece off the moss just large enough to fit onto the tray, then adding the small twigs so that they stick out at the sides.

hyacinthe-3Free the grape hyacinths of soil and shorten their roots, then put them in the eggshell-vases. Repeat with the other hyacinths. Arrange them on the moss and add some water to every eggshell. Done!

This was done so quickly, although it was a huge mess with me spreading fresh soil all around my work place. But sometimes (well, often) you have to get dirty to get something beautiful. I immediately made another one for my mother, so it’s a wonderful little gift as well! Hope you are inspired for spring!

Signature

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

Tasha
    16th March 2016 at 2:05 pm

I love this! Beautiful!

• Michelle
      Michelle
      16th March 2016 at 4:18 pm

Thank you!

Catryn
    17th March 2016 at 4:42 pm

So fun and cute! Any way to get some green into the house is a great plan to me! And I’m glad you are having some good weather as well. It’s been super warm here and it’s making me so ready for summer.

Also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award here!
    Have a good weekend!

Sweet Horizon

• Michelle
      Michelle
      18th March 2016 at 9:11 am

I’m glad you like this, it’s really an easy way to get some flowers into your home with just a bit of Easter. And I’m so excited that you nominated me, thank you! I feel really flattered! 🙂

Clarissa
    20th March 2016 at 4:32 am

I love, love, love this! I am DESPERATE for it to feel like Spring here in Colorado (we got snow two days ago!) so I’ve been making all kinds of Spring projects to try and egg on (ha) the nice weather.

Thanks for sharing! I can’t wait to try this with some baby tulips <3

-Clarissa @ http://www.theviewfromhere.is

• Michelle
      Michelle
      20th March 2016 at 11:11 am

Wow, you still have snow over there? It’s still pretty cold here in Germany, but Easter will luckily be warm and sunny here. I’m glad you like the project!

Marion
    22nd March 2016 at 2:34 pm

love this! How often do you have to water them, what do you think? I tend to forget about that part sometimes, but this looks so cute 😀

Gretting from Cologne 🙂

• Michelle
      Michelle
      22nd March 2016 at 4:22 pm

Oh you live in Cologne as well? What a coincidence! I sometimes have a look at the eggshells whether there’s still enough water in them, and if not I fill it up 🙂 I’m glad you like this!

Marion
        22nd March 2016 at 4:40 pm

Haha, ja, und anscheinend bei dir um die Ecke XD Ist ja lustig 😀 Heute abend wird gebacken, mal gucken ob ich das auch so hinbekomme 🙂

Priscill
    22nd March 2016 at 6:00 pm

~I could melt, this DIY is to die for! Lovely share goddess ~

Much Love,
    Priscilla Breeze

• Michelle
      Michelle
      22nd March 2016 at 6:27 pm

Aww thank you! I’m so glad you like it!