Hey lovely people, have you melted yet from all the heat? It’s sooo hot here, and while I don’t mind the good weather, I’m really not made for those temperatures. However, I’m going to escape the heat soon (hopefully) and enjoy my France vacation. And while we’re on the subject of vacation and summer: Do you guys regularly exfoliate your body with a body scrub? Especially when showing some skin (not all of it) in summer, some smooth legs are pretty nice. And with all this sweat running down my body – now that’s a nice picture in your head, right? – a body scrub can really save your life!
But why use a body scrub at all? To be honest, I have just started using this wonderful sh** some years ago, and it’s really a mystery to be why I haven’t used it sooner. First of all, a body scrub removes all of your dead skin cells and makes it look younger and smoother, supporting the blood circulation. And then of course it helps against skin blemishes! Sounds awesome, right? However, you shouldn’t use a body scrub like this onenot more than once to twice a week, because it may harm the acid coat of your skin. Thus, drying it out and making it look older, and you wouldn’t want that, would you?
So now that we have talked about the important stuff, let’s get back to my vacation! Although I actually wanted to see Spain this year as I spend my vacations there regularly as a kid, my boyfriend was so enthusiastic about France that we decided to go there again. Don’t get me wrong, I totally fell in love with France last year, as you might have readand I’m absolutely psyched! Therefore mentally prepare yourself for at least one post about Normandy, Burgundy and Strasbourg, it’s gonna be an adventure!
- 450 g (2 cups) of granulated brown sugar
- 75 g (1/3 cup) of coconut oil
- 1 Lemon
- 5-10 drops of lemon essential oil
- Empty containers
- Alright, let’s get started on that body scrub! Start by carefully and slowly melting the coconut oil, either in a bain-marie or in your microwave.
- Now measure your 450 g of brown sugar and add it to the melted oil. The stir with a spoon. Next, grate the zest of one lemon and add the zest to your mixture.
- Lastly, add 5 to 10 drops of lemon essential oil (or as many as you like) to amplify the lemon aroma. Then stir the mixture again and fill it into containers. That’s it!
For your Pinterest Board:
Firstly, I really love how simple it is to make such a body scrub yourself. I think I finished the whole project in around 10 minutes! And this really makes you think if it’s not better to keep your hands off that store-bought stuff. Because this might contain micro plastic, and is often way more expensive than this simple sugar body scrub. And what I always love about those little projects is that you can wonderfully give them as a gift to a special person! I hope I could inspire you!