Guys, can there be a type of cake so versatile that everybody loves it? Oh yes, dears, it’s brownies. Think about it: You have the base, that is the simple brownie. Then you can add another layer of flavor. Maybe you make cheesecake brownies, maybe peanut butter brownies or something fruity like jam brownies.
Of course you could leave it at that, but who would want that? Because there’s the possibility of adding another extra! For example, take some cookies and spread them over the dough, or other sweets, or even marshmallows. The possibilities are endless with brownies.
You might call the brownie the construction kit of cake, because you can combine so many flavours to create new versions. And although I already baked a Layered Brownie Cheesecake and my Cream Cheese and Raspberry Brownies, I am definitely hungry for more! By the way: looking back at those recipes it’s always good to see that I improve in both blogging and baking…let’s get to the cheesecake brownies!
The Recipe for Your Cheesecake Brownies:
You need (for a 9×9 brownie pan):
- 300 g cream cheese
- 60 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 g semi-sweet chocolate
- 60 g soft butter
- 70 g flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- Oreo cookies
- First, preheat your oven to 175°C. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, the sugar and the egg and beat until smooth.
- Next, melt the semi-sweet chocolate, either in a bain-marie or in your microwave (lowest temperature). Now, combine the melted chocolate with the soft butter in a mixing bowl and stir until blended together. Then mix in the sugar and the 2 eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder and salt together. Then add it to the chocolate/butter mix and stir until you have a smooth mixture.
- In a next step, grease your pan. I didn’t have a 9×9 inches (23x23cm) baking pan, but helped myself with some aluminum foil to make mine smaller. Now, pour half of your brownie mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Then spread the cheesecake mixture onto the brownie layer. Lastly, pour the other half of the brownie mixture onto the cheesecake layer and create a marble pattern.
- In a last step, chop up some Oreo cookies and sprinkle them over your cheesecake brownie dough. Bake everything for 25-30 minutes, then let it cool and enjoy!
For your Pinterest board:
I’d call these cheesecake brownies the triple layered flavor experience! First you have a brownie, which is amazing in itself. But then you add cheesecake, which is a perfect companion to, well, everything (see this cake for proof). And then you top it with Oreo cookies, and this will blow your mind. Because they’re soft, chewy, and at the same time a bit crunchy (thanks to the cookies). Death by brownies, comrades!