Hello creative people and all those who have been wondering for the past months: I am back! But back from where? Well, back from a deep deep hole of writing my bachelor thesis, studying for exams and working. What a package! I am still not in a place where I have realized that it’s all over now. I have been studying now for 6 frickin’ years. And now after 6 years it’s both absolutely overwhelming for me, but also a bit of a brainfuck. What am I going to do now (except working of course)? What have I done before I studied?
One of the first things I am taking up again is of course blogging, starting with this beautiful caramel dessert. Then I started playing my guitar again, which has been hanging on my wall for about 3 years now. So, let’s get creative again!
This layered caramel dessert is one of the easiest I know and has some beautiful textures and flavours. It’s perfect if you don’t have much time for preparing things, because the caramel sauce basically makes itself.
The Recipe for your Caramel Dessert (serves 4)
- 1 can of sugared condensed milk
- 2 bananas
- 1-2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 100g of whole grain cookies
- 300g of Greek yogurt
- Okay, this will take some time, although you don’t have to do very much: Line a large pot with three layers of kitchen paper. Then place the can of sugared condensed milk in the middle of the pot and cover it with water. Now put on the lid and cook the milk for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, prepare the rest of the dessert. First, coarsely crunch up the whole grain cookies and distribute them among the four glasses. In a next step, cut up the bananas and taste them with some lemon juice. Distribute them as well. Then spread the Greek yogurt.
- Now, carefully remove the can from the hot water, dry it up and open it. What awaits you is probably the most delicious stuff you have ever tasted! Distribute the caramel sauce among the glasses (and keep something for yourself) and decorate each with half a cookie. That’s it!
For your Pinterest board:
Apart from the waiting time for the caramel sauce, this is one of the easiest desserts I know. And all the waiting is definitely worth it! I can definitely imagine spreading this sauce on basically anything. Imagine spreading it on brownies or using it as a layer for a cake! Now back to the dessert: In my opinion it’s an excellent combination of tartness from the yogurt and lemon juice and velvety sweetness from the banana and caramel sauce. Don’t you think? And then there’s the different textures with the whole grain cookies as a highlight. I hope I could inspire you!